Starting Up

 Well, here goes nothing...

Blogging is completely new to me (as I'm sure you will be able to tell after reading this), and I thought I would share some thoughts on this new process:

Creating my first post feels intimidating - the blank white screen staring back at me. I don't want to admit how long it took for me to start typing. 

This is kind of like journaling - I like to journal. Although I typically prefer handwritten notes with different color pens and meaningless doodles in the indentations. I wonder if and how I can incorporate some colors.

Ah ha! Wait, can I make this bigger? 

Ah ha!

There is probably a video on all of the tips and tricks of Blogger. I'll check one out tomorrow.

I think I can get used to this blogging thing. 


Comments

  1. Hi Kaley,
    I loved reading this post! It was fun to read your thoughts and go through the process with you. I am also very intimidated by this blog thing. I would love to see some colors and doodles. :) Dr. Dennen did post a page with some Blog Tools. You can find it in our course here: https://canvas.fsu.edu/courses/277801/pages/week-1-tools. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaley, this post was very relatable. I find myself questioning whether to sound conversational, professional, or straight up share a stream of consciousness. As someone who considers my verbal skills much stronger than my written skills, I might even play with voice to text for this blog. Or video? Let's see where the semester takes us. I look forward to following your blog this summer and learning/growing with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kaley--like my classmates, I enjoyed reading this post because, even though it's your first blog, it seems that you already have a strong handle on the tone and style of blogging. And this is something I say with a great deal of authority because I am currently on my second day of blogging! I look forward to reading more of your posts in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaley! Like you, blogging is new to me and I am not to sure that I know what I'm doing. However, I noticed something about your blog already that I think is pretty cool. I love the structure and theme you chose for your blog. While I was holding off on choosing a theme for mine, I realized that I am not necessarily stuck and it's okay to play around and make changes I see fit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts